To the Battle of the Bricks, an architecture, engineering, and design competition for Black and Latino students. The Battle of the Bricks challenges you to solve real world problems by creating unique designs out of LEGO® bricks. The competition is open to any Black or Latino student from age 8 to 17. On this website you can submit your Application and Preliminary Round designs for a chance to compete in the Semi-Finals in Southeast Michigan in late May.
This online application will be available from September 12, 2011 until December 9, 2012 at 11:59 pm.
For more information about the competition, see our Competition Overview page.
- A Prize Pool of $15,000
- A chance to spend a week exploring Southeast Michigan, learning from top educators and design professionals
- Mentoring and scholarship opportunities for all Semi-Finalists and Finalists
- It's fun!
What Do I Need to Apply?
- 750 to 2000 LEGO® pieces
- A Digital Camera
- A Parental Guardian's Permission
- An Adult Advisor (can be a parent or other relative, a teacher, a coach, etc.)
- Access to a Computer with Internet and e-mail
- An idea
If you have any additional questions, please contact us at: info@BattleBricks.org